Are you interested in joining the Fayette Senior Services volunteer family and giving back to your community? We’d love to have you on our team! Please contact Carrie Bittinger, Volunteer Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-461-0813 with any questions or to connect further.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Give back to your community and enjoy making new friendships.
- Free Center membership ($30 value in county and $90 out of county) with 75 hours of annual service; Fitness Center volunteers receive a free Fitness Center membership after 30 hours of service per quarter.
- Free CPR and AED training for Fitness Center volunteers
- Monthly Volunteer Spotlights in the Center Newsletter
We want you to enjoy a positive experience, so we will make every effort to match you with an activity that will be rewarding for you and beneficial to the seniors we serve. The first step toward volunteering is to complete the application form. You may bring the application to the Center or drop it in the mail. Once received, your application will be reviewed, a background check/driver’s license check will be completed, and we will contact you to schedule an interview and orientation.
- Before beginning your volunteer service, you will be asked to:
- Complete a background check and driver’s record check.
- Provide two personal references.
- Complete a training program for your choice of service.
Thank you for considering the volunteer opportunities at Fayette Senior Services. Without the helping hands and caring hearts of our volunteers we wouldn’t be able to provide many of the programs that enrich the lives of older adults. Our volunteers really do make a meaningful difference in the lives of the people we serve.
- Receptionist for Fayetteville or Peachtree City – Our reception area is one busy place! You will play an important role by providing administrative support to our member services team. Customer service is our top priority as we welcome new and current members and assist them with class or event registration. Computer skills and smiles are required!
- Fitness Center Assistant – Help us maintain a friendly, clean and safe environment and provide instruction for our fitness equipment.
- Computer Instructors – Instruct classes on Word, Windows, exploring the Internet, and more.
- Center Café Host or Hostess – Welcome our guests and members for lunch and offer hospitality to all. Assist our wonderful kitchen staff with food service duties which include serving from the food line, refreshing beverage stations, assisting guests and members with their trays, and cleaning up. Just like your own home, meal time in our Ultimate Café is the liveliest spot in the center.
- Meals On Wheels Driver – Deliver nutritious meals to homebound seniors throughout Fayette County. Drivers can choose a regular one day per week route (1 to 2 hours) or choose to be a substitute driver to be called as needed.
- STARs program assistant – STARs (Seniors Together After Retirement) spend the majority of their days together at the Life Enrichment Center, making crafts, playing games, eating together, and having a great time.
- Therapeutic Garden – Help tend the beautiful garden on the grounds of FSS.
- Special Events Assistant – Help plan, organize, and assist with special events such as our Ice Cream Social. Provide assistance with event coordination, set-up, decorating, entertainment selection, and clean-up.